Thursday 7 June 2012

How the share sale ended up

As we approach the 1 month mark of this project, I thought I would make an update on what funding was finally accepted by FCV and how that ISK has been put to work. 

This venture was started because while FCV was asset rich, it was also cash poor, and like many companies, needed funding to make use of its assets and to start making some money. 

Before the share sale began, FCV had the following in cash (ISK) and materials (mins and t2 components):

Cash: 3bn
Materials: 10bn
Total: 13bn


Then the FCV share sale began. Initially, 30 shares were sold to 1 corp and an additional 40bn sold to individual investors for a total of 70b. One investor asked to buy back some shares rather promptly as he actually needed the ISK, and so the final number of shares sold was 67, raising 67bn of capital. While the original goal had been 100bn, this smaller share sale still allowed me to get my projects underway. In hindsight, 100bn was a nice round number but had I raised that much, the final returns on investment would have been less as I am not sure I could have put all that ISK to use. In any case, after the share sale, FCV's books looked like this:

Cash: 10bn
Reaction Towers: 45bn
Materials: 25bn
Total: 80bn

The heavy investment in Reaction Towers was the result of a unique buying opportunity. My former corp was selling off an already running tower chain and I bought it off them, given that I had experience running the towers anyway. Between the reactions, some market trading and my own T1/T2 manufacturing, this meant that FCV's income streams would be nicely diversified should one of them be disrupted. 

As we approach the one month anniversary of this project, I will be posting some updates on how much ISK has actually been made. While my activity will vary over the summer, hopefully this will provide some indication on the sort of returns we are expecting from this project. 

Till then o/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments or questions? Feel free to ask!